[Fedora-directory-devel] Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Problems building on HP-UX 11i

Marko Asplund marko.asplund at kronodoc.com
Wed Jul 13 12:20:38 UTC 2005

ulf wrote:

> Hello Marko.  It wants both aC++ and the ANSI C compiler as you
> suspected.  It compiles successfully with these versions on 11i v1:
> B3901BA  B.11.11.01  HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for HP-UX 11.00
> (S800)
> B3913DB  C.03.26 HP  aC++ Compiler (S800)
>
> Is there anything revealing in config.log about why your aCC isn't
> working?  I don't remember any C++ code in NSS or NSPR but aCC will be
> required to build other components like libICU, so it will need to be
> functional at some point anyway.
>
> BTW, lets move to the fedora-directory-devel list...

i didn't have the HP aC++ Compiler installed when i first tried the
build. after installing it i'm able to successfully compile NSS.

here's a description of my compiler setup:
- HP C/ANSI C compiler B.11.11.12
- HP aC++ Compiler C.03.63
- ANSI C Compiler patches PHSS_32509 and PHSS_32510

could you modify the build page compiler section (http://
directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Building) so that it says both of
the above compilers are required in order to build the server on HP-UX.

it might be good to remove the aCC dependency from the Mozilla
components at some point if it's not really needed.

now, i've managed to compile nss and svrcore but the c-sdk build
fails with the following error message:

cc: error 1405: "/opt/ansic/lbin/ccom" terminated abnormally with
signal 11.
gmake[2]: *** [ldapsearch.o] Error 9

i'm attaching a full typescript to this email. i'm using the Mozilla
components from http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/sources/mozilla-
components.tar.gz.

any ideas on what's going wrong?

br. aspa