[Fedora-directory-devel] Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Problems building on HP-UX 11i

Marko Asplund marko.asplund at kronodoc.com
Thu Jul 14 11:39:49 UTC 2005

Ulf wrote:

> Hello Marko.  I have updated the HP-UX required compilers list.
>
> For the seg fault in ccom, I'm not sure.  There have been many such
> bugs
> fixed but it looks like you're using the latest patches.  I will look
> around to see if I can get B.11.11.12.
>
> One thing I notice is that my build complains about and ignores the
> mix
> of -g and -O:
>     cc -Ae -o ldapsearch.o -c     +ESlit +DA2.0W +DS2.0 -O -g +Z
> -DDEBUG_ulf -DDEBUG=1 <...>
>     cc: warning 483: The DOC (Debug of Optimized Code) option is
> unavailable with the PA64 compiler; ignored.
> Your build seems to be successfully compiling with DOC until the
> crash.
> Can you try disabling that by making distclean and rerunning configure
> adding "--disable-debug"?

Ulf,

thanks for updating the compilers list. it might be good to also
mention compiler version numbers for reference.

our server is inaccessible right now so it'll take a while until i'll
be able to test your suggestion above.

i was rebuilding the kernel on the system and the rebuild failed for
some reason, and it doesn't boot at the moment. there were some
symptoms which might have been caused by a hardware memory problem,
so the ccom seg fault might have been related to that as well. i'll
look into this later on but it'll take a few weeks ('till i get back
to the office).

br. aspa