Re: [Fedora-directory-devel] US Patent Problem with Fedora Directory Server? [Auf Viren geprüft]

To Ngan tngan at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 14:22:42 UTC 2005

Hi Frerk,

The patterns you mentioned were all filed back in November 2001, when
all of the inventors were Netscape/AOL/iPlanet employees.

ianal, but patent rights shouldn't be an issue.  When Red Hat acquired
the Netscape server products from AOL, I'm sure the lawyers took cared
of all product related patterns before Red Hat Directory Server and
Fedora Directory Server were released to public.

Regards,
--
toto