[Fedora-directory-devel] Using Apache httpd

Brian Topping topping at codehaus.org
Tue Nov 1 06:49:29 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

I was talking to David Boreham on IRC a few hours ago and he
mentioned that the future of FDS was on Apache httpd with Tomcat.
I'm interested in this because the deeper I go into ns-httpd to try
and solve my issues on x86_64, the more I realize I would be a lot
more comfortable in Apache.

Having said that and knowing it would be a lot cheaper to just go
replace the motherboard in this machine with a decent P4 mobo, my
interest is piqued on how far along the transition to httpd is and if
it is gaining momentum, how I might help.  I know my schedule
wouldn't permit a massive investment of time right now, but if just
having more people doing bug fixes on software that was operational
but very rough, I could probably help.

Any thoughts, pointers, notes or miscellaneous appreciated...

Brian Topping
topping at codehaus.org