[Fedora-directory-devel] Fedora Directory and Samba4

Pete Rowley pete at openrowley.com
Thu Nov 10 02:08:24 UTC 2005

I wouldn't say it were impossible, and FDS is remarkably suited as a
starting point given it's plugin architecture and virtual attribute
capability, but it is certainly not trivial.  I suspect also that it is
undesireable to spend too much time making one ldap server look like AD,
when samba could make all ldap servers look like ad, and use additional ldap
server support for the task where it is available i.e. concentrate on the
things that kill performance as a result of being a proxy.