[Fedora-directory-devel] ACI evaluation

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Sat Oct 8 21:59:49 UTC 2005

discover wrote:

> Is there any way to see the order of ACI evaluation for search/mod
> ...etc ?

Not easily. You might me able to glean some information by enabling
access control logging and looking at the error log output when you submit
an operation.

> Also does the order of ACI impact the performance ?

Probably not. (not sure if you mean the order the aci attributes
are added to the DS -- in that case absolutely not; or if you
are asking about the internal ordering of clauses within a
single aci -- in that case probably not).

To gain a total understanding you'd really need to step through
the code in the debugger, which would only suit those
with a strong constitution.