[Fedora-directory-devel] enumerating security problems

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Mon Jul 17 19:47:18 UTC 2006

Seth Nickell wrote:
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Security_Problems
>
> I'm building up a list of general, problematic security
> vulnerabilities that are common across computer networks today.
> Hopefully we'll be able to explain how to target many of these on the
> realsecurity website (so I have a bias for problems that can be
> tackled using the DS/CS/smartcard combo, but we should open it up
> beyond that too). Would love for other people to jump in and add some
> (or discuss them in this thread).

Hi,

How is this relevant to a directory server wiki, which is about a
directory server product and how to use it?

Out of the seven things you listed, all are common problems, and only
one can be mitigated by FDS features - the first one (password policy).

BTW, what is the realsecurity website, the one that says "coming soon"
in big green letters? Why didn't you just post these things there to
begin with?

BR,
--
mike