[Fedora-directory-devel] Console not starting.

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Jun 22 15:07:43 UTC 2006

Shahzad Abid wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have installed DS on FC5 all installation process completed
> successfully, when start console i am getting follwong error message;
>
> /opt/fedora-ds/startconsole -u root -a http://127.0.0.1:13640

> com.netscape.management.client.console.Console
>    at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run (libgcj.so.7)
> com.netscape.management.client.console.Console not found in
> gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[],
> parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
>    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass (libgcj.so.7)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (libgcj.so.7)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (libgcj.so.7)
>    at java.lang.Class.forName (libgcj.so.7)
>    at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run (libgcj.so.7)
>
> netstat -ltp
>
> tcp        0      0 *:ldap        *:*          LISTEN      4949/ns-slapd
> tcp        0      0 *:13640       *:*          LISTEN    5064/httpd.worker
>

> but i can access via web page http://127.0.0.1:13640

First, it looks like you're using gcj as your JVM. gcj is getting close
but can't quite run the the console yet. You'll need to get a JRE from
either Sun or IBM to run it.

Once you have it try running startconsole from within /opt/fedora ds ala:

cd /opt/fedora-ds
./startconsole http://127.0.0.1:13640

rob