[Fedora-directory-devel] Attribute to determine allowed write attributes?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Nov 1 03:44:02 UTC 2006

In working towards the Samba4/FDS glue, I was wondering if I could make
a feature request.  From discussions around the office, I think this may
have already been asked for...

I would like an attribute that can act as a 'get effective rights', for
the current user.  Apparently Microsoft's MMC uses such an attribute to
determine what to grey out in the management console.

I'm told there is a exop I can use, but for simple implementation
reasons, it would be much easier if this were a special attribute
instead.  (That way, I can include it with the rest of my munged
search).

Does anybody have any pointers to an existing feature request like this,
or should I file one in Bugzilla?

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett