[Fedora-directory-devel] Re: Please Review: Add LDAPI (LDAP over unix domain sockets)

Pete Rowley prowley at redhat.com
Fri Feb 23 02:18:30 UTC 2007

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> And where OpenLDAP has done something first, or it's way of doing things
> is more sane, I ask that Fedora DS follow that lead.  I need less, not
> more 'if <vendor>' code...

Your if vendor code would be zero. Presumably Samba would be enabled
with access in line with its operational requirements. Bearing in mind
that Samba runs as root, it is likely to find that any machine it is
installed on has anonymous access for root, just like it is allowed to
actually run as root.
> (In this vane, I so wish nsUniqueID was in standard GUID format, rather
> than %08x-%08x-%08x-%08x...)

I believe we have already discussed this and that I have already agreed
that we would look at it.

--
Pete