[Fedora-directory-devel] Re: Please Review: Add LDAPI (LDAP over unix domain sockets)

Pete Rowley prowley at redhat.com
Fri Feb 23 18:43:24 UTC 2007

Howard Chu wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:16:04 -0800
> > From: Pete Rowley <prowley at redhat.com>
>
> Sorry, I don't mean to beat too much on a dead horse, but ...

;)

OK. That is a pretty powerful argument, and my rereading of the RFCs
reveals that there is about zero wiggle room on this precise point.
However, for us this is an experimental feature on top of an
experimental feature (ldapi itself), and in that light I propose to do
the following:

1. #ifdef WITH_AUTOBIND the auto bind code
2. not #define WITH_AUTOBIND
3. offer no configure mechanism for turning on autobind

This allows experimenters to do their experimenting but requires an
unusual step (in an autotools world) on the part of builders to add the
feature, and it will not appear in the binary builds of FDS offered for
download.

Regards

--
Pete