[Fedora-directory-devel] Help with silent installs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 29 22:27:12 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 15:23 -0700, David Boreham wrote:
> Andrew, I think you may have a stale previous install on the machine.
> The fact that the installer wants to talk to a configuration DS is
> a clue -- it won't do that in a bare-metal first server install.
> That might also explain the permission stuff.

I'm certain I do.  And I expect to keep such stale installs, because
this must be a reproducible, contained, self test environment.

How do I convince Fedora DS that it's universe is to be found only
inside a certain prefix?

(I would really like something like the way we run OpenLDAP and Samba4
itself, where we run some commands to prep the prefix, then run the main
binary with a 'config file here' option.  It then only every looks where
that config file points).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>