[Fedora-directory-devel] Samba4 integration status

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Mar 2 11:25:02 UTC 2007

I've now got Samba4 to provision to a Fedora DS server.

It is very easy to do, provided you have current CVS, and the patch I
included in my last mail to fedora-directory-devel.

To test Samba4 and Fedora DS, compile Fedora DS and Samba4 as usual,
from their respective version control systems.

Install Fedora DS, and note the prefix chosen.

In Samba's source/ dir, run:

TEST_LDAP=yes FEDORA_DS_PREFIX=/fedora-ds/prefix make quicktest

If you have OpenLDAP's slapd on the system, you can also try it for
comparison, by omitting the FEDORA_DS_PREFIX setting.  It should pass
most of the tests (I know of a timeout on the RPC-LSA test).

Once we get 'make quicktest' passing, we can aim for the full 'make
test'.

Currently, it looks like there is a lot of work to do.  This is
surprising, as OpenLDAP does better, and the two servers are not *that*
different...

To re-run any tests in the test environment, run:

TEST_LDAP=yes FEDORA_DS_PREFIX=/fedora-ds/prefix make testenv

This will set everything up, but instead of running tests, it will
launch an xterm, ready for manual testing/probing/debugging.

Andrew Bartlett