[Fedora-directory-devel] How to compile the collation plugin?

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 03:06:45 UTC 2007

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 18:14 -0600, Richard Megginson wrote:
>
>> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>>
>>> I've been working to develop a new bitwise extended match slapi plugin,
>>> based on the collation plugin.
>>>

>> Great!
>>
>>> However, I never stopped to see if the collection plugin worked, or
>>> compiled...
>>>
>>> Can someone give me a clue about how to compile the collation plugin, so
>>> I may try the same for my derivative?
>>>

>> It does build and work.  What exactly are you trying to do?
>>

> I ran 'make' in that directory.  What is the correct procedure?

Just do the usual configure && make from your top level build
directory.  If you want to just build the collation plugin, just do
"make libcollation-plugin.la".

We will be removing all Makefiles from the source tree once we are able
to build using the autotool build method on all platforms.  For now,
please just ignore them.