[Fedora-directory-devel] SELinux and directory server

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed May 9 18:16:06 UTC 2007

Karl MacMillan wrote:
> The page http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Install_Guide suggests
> putting selinux into permissive mode. Why? I've not seen any problems
> running the directory server under enforcing (either fedora-ds-base from
> extras or the full install).

Without looking I suspect it is because the newer packages fit into the
filesystem better so are probably covered by existing SELinux rules.
When it was installed in /opt/fedora-ds alone there was no security
context covering it.

It probably heavily depends on which release you're installing it onto
as well.

rob