[Fedora-directory-devel] Re: Please review: LDAPI+AUTOBIND (Noriko Hosoi)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun May 11 22:47:15 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 09:22 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 17:34:37 -0700
> > From: Noriko Hosoi<nhosoi at redhat.com>
> > Subject: [Fedora-directory-devel] Please review: LDAPI+AUTOBIND
> > To: "Fedora Directory server developer discussion."
> > 	<fedora-directory-devel at redhat.com>
> >
> > LDAPI and AUTOBIND had been implemented some time back, but AUTOBIND did
> > not have an option to enable at the configuration.
>
> That was an intentional decision, with a lot of strong reasons behind it. You
> seem to be ignoring all the discussion that went into this before.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-devel/2007-February/msg00057.html

I think the correct patch for review should be to remove this feature.
If someone really, really wants this, it should not be very hard at all
to create a deamon that listens on a temporary, per-user ldapi://
socket, and does an EXTERNAL bind on another (ns-slapd) socket before
passing the rest of the stream along.

If this is being setup to be enabled, what is the consumer of the API?
If not, why is this being made more visible?

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/