[389-devel] Entry USN (additional changes)

Andrey Ivanov andrey.ivanov at polytechnique.fr
Tue Jul 21 21:27:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Nathan also pointed out several typos as well as an issue of internal
> deletion.  Currently, if the delete is initiated internally, the entry is
> not converted to a tombstone unless the backend is replicated.  I'm adding
> this issue to ToDo list for now.

That's almost exactly the question i wanted to ask - what happens when
several pre- or post- operation plug-ins affect the same entry? For
example, the memberOf (or DNA) plug-in changes the memberOf attribute
of an entry. Is this change of memberOf attribute considered as an
entryUSN increment or not?
Is there some general rule (for example, for pre- plugins the entryUSN
is increased and for post- it is not...)?

@+