[389-devel] Getting started sharing scripts for AD<->RHDS integration

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:49:59 UTC 2009

Hi.
I'm working on a few small scripts aimed at AD<->FDS/RHDS. In my
organization we're setting up RHDS as a AD slave, and but do not store any
linux user information on the AD side. So from AD we get only some user
information, and have to add things such as posix attributes on the RHDS
side. In addition, we'd like to use AD group memberships to create NIS
netgroups on the RHDS side, and use this info to control which users get
access to which servers.
I've not yet come across scripts that solves these issues, so I'm working on
my own script. I've not a programmer, and this is more or less my first perl
scripts, so please keep that in mind.
Since I've never been part of a code sharing project before, I could use
some info on how to share my code. Is there a how-to on how to get started?
Btw, for those who's interested, let me briefly describe the functionality
of the scripts:
Currently there are three different scripts.

   - The first one add posix attributes to users synced over from AD. It can
   be used in a cron job to automatically add posix attributes to new users.
   - The second one create NIS netgroups based on group information defined
   on the AD side. An example: If you have a AD-group called "hardware-admin",
   you can create a corresponding netgroup on the RHDS-side, say "ng-hw-admin".
   The script makes sure that changes made to the AD-group is reflected on the
   RHDS-side.
   - The third script is more of a admin script: It let you create new
   netgroups, define which netgroup should correspond (i.e. "match") with which
   AD-group, and stuff like that

Regards,
Kenneth Holter