[Fedora-directory-users] What next?

Pete Rowley pete at openrowley.com
Tue Aug 2 23:51:25 UTC 2005

Why are you trying to export data from FDS?  I thought you didn't have any
data in FDS and that this was your problem?

It really sounds to me like you simply don't have any users with the correct
objectclasses/attributes in FDS - there is nothing special about any mail
client that speaks LDAP that needs to be "supported" in the server, so
exactly the same schema used for openldap, or Sun DS will work for FDS.

There have been a number of posts all with reasonable suggestions on getting
things going: what objectclasses to add, what attributes thunderbird looks
for, how to add users using the console - it is all there.  You would need
to do the same thing on any LDAP server, and from the looks of it, every
LDAP server would already be configured out of the box to support Tbird.