[Fedora-directory-users] Enabling SSL

Adam Stokes astokes at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 14:44:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 10:35 -0400, Kevin Kovach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've worked through the SSL howto on the FDS site and everything went
> well until I got to the part where I modified the schema.
>
> The /tmp/ssl_enable.ldif modifications that are suggested work well up
> to the point where it tries to modify cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config
>
> To be specific, the recommended changes are as follows...
>
> dn: cn=encryption,cn=config
> changetype: modify
> replace: nsSSL3
> nsSSL3: on
> -
> replace: nsSSLClientAuth
> nsSSLClientAuth: allowed
> -
> add: nsSSL3Ciphers
> nsSSL3Ciphers: -rsa_null_md5,+rsa_rc4_128_md5,+rsa_rc4_40_md5,+rsa_rc2_40_md5,+rsa_des_sha,+rsa_fips_des_sha,
> +rsa_3des_sha,+rsa_fips_3des_sha,+fortezza,+fo
> -
> add: nsKeyfile
> nsKeyfile: alias/slapd-directory-key3.db
> -
> add: nsCertfile
> nsCertfile: alias/slapd-directory-cert8.db
>
> dn: cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config
> changetype: modify
> add: nsSSLPersonalitySSL
> nsSSLPersonalitySSL: Server-Cert
>
> dn: cn=config
> changetype: modify
> add: nsslapd-security
> nsslapd-security: on
> -
> replace: nsslapd-ssl-check-hostname
> nsslapd-ssl-check-hostname: off
>
> It seems as though when I get to the point where I want to add the
> 'nsSSLPersonalitySSL' attribute my directory server complains that the
> 'cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config' object does not exist to be modified.
>
> I don't see anywhere in the HOWTO where I would have created this
> object.  Am I missing something?  Thanks.
>
> - Kevin

Refresh the wiki page I have updated this problem.

Thanks for pointing that out please create an ldif /tmp/addrsa.ldif and
have the following :

dn: cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config
objectclass: top
objectclass: nsEncryptionModule
cn: RSA
nsSSLPersonalitySSL: Server-Cert
nsSSLToken: internal (software)

Use ldapadd to add the entry into the directory server.. Ill fix the
how-to now as well :)