[Fedora-directory-users] Strange ldif export with é, è, ... french characters code

Lalas atr0pos at free.fr
Sun Aug 14 13:08:36 UTC 2005

Hello all,
When users have some french characters code in fields (i.e. givenName &
cn), the ldif export file is bad. Here my ldif users import file and the
ldif export file using admin console.

import-with-french-char.ldif :

dn: uid=s.courtin,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=fr
changetype: add
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalperson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: top
objectClass: mailrecipient
uid: s.courtin
sn: COURTIN
givenName: Ségolène
cn: Ségolène COURTIN
employeeType: Etudiants
userPassword: ******
mail: s.courtin at domain.fr

export-bad.ldif:

dn: uid=s.courtin,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=fr
employeeType: Etudiants
givenName:: U8OpZ29sw6huZQ==
mail: s.courtin at domain.fr
cn:: U8OpZ29sw6huZSBDT1VSVElO
sn: COURTIN
userPassword: *********
creatorsname: cn=manager
modifiersname: cn=manager
createtimestamp: 20050814113424Z
modifytimestamp: 20050814113424Z
nsuniqueid: 4ced0081-1dd211b2-80efc6a3-3b060000
parentid: 4
entryid: 1874
entrydn: uid=s.courtin,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=fr
numsubordinates: 0
subschemasubentry: cn=schema
hassubordinates: FALSE

If I use "cn: Segolene COURTIN" & "givenName: Segolene", the export file
is correct ... but I would use french char.

Is there a bug or (probably) a configuration error ?
For information my FDS is running on FC3 with LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Lalas -