[Fedora-directory-users] Admin server setup issue on FC3

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Mon Aug 15 19:32:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

After successfully running FDS on RH3, I've tried to install it on FC3.
I got this:

***
Your new directory server has been started.
Created new Directory Server
Start Slapd Starting Slapd server configuration.
Fatal Slapd ERROR: Ldap authentication failed for url
ldap://fds1.cshl.edu:389/o=NetscapeRoot user id admin (151:Unknown error.)
Fatal Slapd Did not add Directory Server information to Configuration
Server.
Configuring Administration Server...
Setting up Administration Server Instance...
ERROR: Administration Server configuration failed. See install.log.
INFO Finished with setup, logfile is setup/setup.log
***

First of all, I'm not sure why it's using "o=NetscapeRoot" - I've
specified a different manager DN. Second, the setup/nsperl/install.log
file is not informative:

***
You might want to reconfigure these parameters:
./reconfigure "myhostname=localhost"
./reconfigure "mydomain=.local.domain.com"
./reconfigure "perladmin=LOCAL.ADMIN at local.domain.com"
./reconfigure "cf_email=LOCAL.USER at local.domain.com"
./reconfigure "cf_by=LOCAL.USER"

nsPerl is installed in /opt/fedora-ds/lib/nsPerl5.6.1
***

However, I've found part of the problem: the file
./admin-serv/config/server.xml contain several variables instead of
variable values. For example:

<VARS accesslog="$SERVER_ROOT/admin-serv/logs/access"/>

So it looks like the configuration program had a glitch. Is there a way
to fix that on FC3?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81