[Fedora-directory-users] Re: automount

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Tue Aug 16 00:28:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've just ran into the issue described here:
http://www.ldapguru.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=1478&forum=24

The problem is that both Fedora and Solaris would like to use object
class named "automount" for automount entries, but they define it
differently. The solution suggested above is to modify the relevant
object classes so that they contain the superset of the attributes for
both platforms.

You (Rich) and others say that there should be a transition to
nisObject/nisMap structure, but I still don't know where Fedora stands
in this regard.

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81