[Fedora-directory-users] getting solaris 8 to talk to FDS

Igor logastellus at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 19:00:50 UTC 2005

--- Justin Albstmeijer <justin at VLAMea.nl> wrote:
> uid=proxyagent, does not match cn=proxyagent.

yeah, that's from before.  Now I have uid everywhere.

dn: uid=proxyAgent,ou=profile,dc=foo,dc=com
uid: proxyAgent

> no password field?

well, in the UI, I put a password in.  When I do ldapsearch -x it doesn't show.  ACI?

> > dn: nisdomain=composers.foo.com,dc=foo,dc=com
> > nisDomain: composers.foo.com
> > objectClass: top
> > objectClass: nisdomainobject
>
> I would expect:
>
> dn: dc=foo,dc=com
> nisDomain: composers.foo.com
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: nisDomainObject

well..  It got in there from this:

objectClass: nisDomainObject
nisDomain: composers.foo.com

which I got from Gary's site.  If you think I should change it, I'll change it.

> >defaultServerList: cnyitlin02.composers.foo.com
>
> replace the hostname with the ipnumber of the server.

Did.  Didn't help.

Also, I have two profiles total:

dn: cn=default,ou=profile,dc=foo,dc=com
defaultSearchBase: dc=foo,dc=com
authenticationMethod: simple
followReferrals: TRUE
bindTimeLimit: 2
profileTTL: 43200
searchTimeLimit: 30
objectClass: top
objectClass: DUAConfigProfile
defaultServerList: 149.85.70.17
credentialLevel: proxy
cn: default
defaultSearchScope: one

dn: cn=tls_profile,ou=profile,dc=foo,dc=com
defaultSearchBase: dc=foo,dc=com
authenticationMethod: tls:simple
followReferrals: FALSE
bindTimeLimit: 10
profileTTL: 43200
searchTimeLimit: 30
objectClass: top
objectClass: DUAConfigProfile
defaultServerList: cnyitlin02.composers.foo.com
credentialLevel: proxy
cn: tls_profile
serviceSearchDescriptor: passwd: ou=People,dc=foo,dc=com
serviceSearchDescriptor: group: ou=group,dc=foo,dc=com
serviceSearchDescriptor: shadow: ou=People,dc=foo,dc=com
defaultSearchScope: one

(the tls_profile still has the fqdn.)

However, my primary default profile does not have the searchDescriptors.  Is that a problem?