[Fedora-directory-users] getting solaris 8 to talk to FDS

Tay, Gary Gary_Tay at platts.com
Thu Aug 25 04:26:49 UTC 2005

To achieve the same result of this:

===
import:
------------------------------
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: passwordstoragescheme
passwordstoragescheme: CRYPT
------------------------------
===

You could simply go into FDS7.1 admin server, open directory server,
click "config (XXX acis)", right click again to edit its properties,

I think ldaplist will work only after successful "ldapclient"
initialization, ldapsearch will work as long as the ldap server allows
the data to be returned.

One irritating fact on Solaris8 is the lack of LDAP VERSION 2 client
command tools, I have to resort to performing a "dummy" SUN ONE DS5.2
install (with both server and client component) and just use the client
component while keeping the server component shutdown. Only the VERSION
2 "ldapsearch" command in $IDS5_PATH/shared/bin has the "-Z" and "-P"
options for testing TLS/SSL connection (After getting simple bind to
work, I am sure one would like to get tls:simple bind to work as it is
more secure).

# cat test_native_client_tls.sh
LDAP_ROOT=/usr/iplanet/ds5
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LDAP_ROOT/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
echo "Testing LDAP Master..."
$LDAP_ROOT/shared/bin/ldapsearch -h ldap1.example.com -p 636 -b "" -s
base -Z -P /var/ldap/cert7.db "(objectclass=*)"

Gary