[Fedora-directory-users] getting solaris 8 to talk to FDS

Igor logastellus at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 17:44:48 UTC 2005

--- Justin Albstmeijer <justin at VLAMea.nl> wrote:

> Just looked at my test solris client.. and got the same error..
> It seems "ldapclient -P..." will even complete with the wrong proxyagent
> password.. (only uses this to create the NS1 password) and fetches the
> profile anonymous..
>
> so do you get:
>
> libsldap: Status: 49  Mesg: openConnection: simple bind failed - Invalid
> credentials
>
> in /var/adm/messages ?

nah, I get this:

Aug 25 11:28:26 unknown ldaplist[2747]: [ID 293258 user.error] libsldap: Status:
 7  Mesg: LDAP ERROR (50): Insufficient access.

Sigh.

Well, I guess I'll reinstall FDS then..  No progress for 3 days, how much longer can I
dick around with it...

I'll post my results once I reinstall FDS.

Thank you guys.