[Fedora-directory-users] Problems with sasl authentication

Kalle Kivistö kkivisto at cc.jyu.fi
Fri Aug 26 07:44:59 UTC 2005

Howdy,

I've tried unsuccessfully to get DS to authenticate users with sasl.
I have a slapd.conf in /var/lib/sasl2 that looks like this:

pwcheck_method: saslauthd
saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux

and a sasl-mapping that looks like this:

Regex: .*
Search Base DN: ou=People, dc=my, dc=domain, dc=fi
Search Filter: (uid=&)

It looks like the sasl-mapping is ignored, and saslauthd with debugging
on shows no authentication requests. When I run testsaslauthd with valid
user information it seems to authenticate just fine. Does anybody have
any hints, or an example of a working setup?