[Fedora-directory-users] Problems with sasl authentication

Kalle Kivistö kkivisto at jyu.fi
Tue Aug 30 05:37:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 06:02 -0600, David Boreham wrote:
> FDS supports two SASL authentication mechanisms at present:
>
> EXTERNAL
> GSSAPI
>
> It doesn't use the /var/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf configuration style.

Hmm... What I'm trying to accomplish here is a configuration where users
authenticate to the ldap server with username/password (no kerberos
ticket) and their password is checked from kerberos. Is this possible
to do with the standard plugins? I've had a hard time trying to figure
out how to do this... =) The idea in this is that we'd like to have
a single service for authenticating users, even for services that do not
support kerberos.

If it's not possible, I'll look into writing a plugin that does this.