[Fedora-directory-users] Problems with sasl authentication

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Aug 30 13:03:19 UTC 2005

David Boreham wrote:

>>Hmm... What I'm trying to accomplish here is a configuration where users
>>authenticate to the ldap server with username/password (no kerberos
>>ticket) and their password is checked from kerberos. Is this possible
>>to do with the standard plugins? I've had a hard time trying to figure
>>out how to do this... =) The idea in this is that we'd like to have
>>a single service for authenticating users, even for services that do not
>>support kerberos.
>>

> This isn't supported in the current code.

If you just want to do LDAP SIMPLE BINDs with username/password
(hopefully over a TLS connection), and use the Kerberos password instead
of the userPassword attribute, you can use the PAM passthru bind
plugin.  You will have to grab the Fedora DS source and build it.  What
this does is pass the BIND authentication request to PAM, which you can
configure to go to Kerberos for authentication.