[Fedora-directory-users] solaris 10 caching credentials? Inactivated users allowed in via ssh

Brian K. Jones jonesy at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Aug 30 20:42:52 UTC 2005

Well, I'm running nscd, but before I go shutting that off, I should share this
new info:

I found that the solaris machine *does* try to bind as the user, and the
server returns err=53, just like it does to the linux clients! However, it
*then* does a search for the shadowaccount objectclass and the inactive
user's uid, and memberUID=<inactive user>, and in the end, it lets the user
in.

Baffling. And scary that a failed bind request can potentially lead to users
getting logged in anyway.