[Fedora-directory-users] Announcing Fedora Directory Server 1.0

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Dec 1 18:52:46 UTC 2005

Quoting Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>:

>> Only issues I've seen so far are organizational charts throw an
>> Apache server error (undefined symbol: PL_sv_undef at
>> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
>> 229.),
>
> What OS and version is this?

That error is with RHEL 3, update 5, with most errata applied.

Slightly different issue with FC4:

Can't load '/opt/fedora-ds/lib/perl/arch/auto/Mozilla/LDAP/API/API.so'
for module Mozilla::LDAP::API: libldap50.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

>> and from the Java console, my Administration Domain has disappeared.
>>  Haven't put a finger on that one yet.
>
> I think that has to do with some info under o=netscaperoot that's
> using 4.0 or 7.0 or 7.1 or 71 instead of 1.0 or 10 e.g. the jar file
> names should be ds10.jar instead of ds71.jar.
> Try a search like this:
> ldapsearch -T -b o=netscaperoot -D "cn=directory manager" -w password
> "objectclass=*" | grep 71
> or grep 7.1 or grep 4.0
> All of those will have to be replaced with 10 or 1.0.

Aha - I thought it was something like that, but had only changed
nsProductVersion and nsBuildNumber values.  But I see the admserv70jar
references now.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer