[Fedora-directory-users] Re: JAVA_HOME

Daniel Shackelford dshackel at arbor.edu
Thu Dec 1 20:37:29 UTC 2005

I installed the latest JRE from sun, and pointed to that.  Console
starts, but hangs at authentication:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/opt/fedora-ds/lib/libjss3.so: libnss3.so: cannot op
en shared object file: No such file or directory
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at
org.mozilla.jss.CryptoManager.loadNativeLibraries(CryptoManager.java:1330)
        at org.mozilla.jss.CryptoManager.initialize(CryptoManager.java:822)
        at org.mozilla.jss.CryptoManager.initialize(CryptoManager.java:795)
        at
com.netscape.management.client.util.UtilConsoleGlobals.initJSS(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.netscape.management.client.comm.HttpsChannel.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at
com.netscape.management.client.comm.HttpManager.createChannel(Unknown
Source)
        at com.netscape.management.client.comm.CommManager.send(Unknown
Source)
        at com.netscape.management.client.comm.CommManager.send(Unknown
Source)
        at com.netscape.management.client.comm.HttpManager.get(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.invoke_task(Unknown Source)
        at
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.authenticate_user(Unknown
Source)
        at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.main(Unknown
Source)

I looked at the libjss3.so and it was not executable.  Once I used chmod
on it, there does not seem to be an issue.  I switched back to the
original 7.1 install, so when I started up the console it did not see
what it shoudl have due to diffeing versions.

--
Daniel Shackelford
Systems Administrator

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many"
Mark 10:45