[Fedora-directory-users] Advantages of using FDS vs OpenLDAP?

Arshad Noor arshad.noor at strongauth.com
Sat Dec 3 19:24:08 UTC 2005

Chris,

I don't deny that people need to know how to navigate through tasks.

What I neglected to add to my e-mail, is that "navigation knowledge"
is better learned from "flash" type clips, rather than through dozens
of pages of text and still-graphics.  Perhaps what is needed is a
standard for how documentation is produced to make it easier for
users to learn from - something along the lines of:

- A concepts and architecture document
- An installation clip
- Tutorial clips
- Task oriented clips

I'm just bemoaning the fact that as technology becomes increasingly
complex, the level of documentation has correspondingly risen.  The
quality of such documentation, however, has declined; there isn't a
single reason one can blame, but interspersion of concepts & tasks
in documents is one factor.  By separating them & using appropriate
media, perhaps we might address some of these shortcomings as an
industry.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.