[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora-ds on ubuntu

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 03:44:01 UTC 2005

brendan powers wrote:

>Hello, i have compiled fedora-ds on ubuntu, and almost installed it.
>The installer does not correctly find apache. It asks for the path
>where apache is installed. I am running ubuntu 5.10 with apache 2
>installed. I have created links from /usr/sbin/apache2>httpd
>/etc/apache2>httpd and /usr/lib/apache2>httpd
>
>Here is the error i get from the installer
>Unable to locate Apache modules in
>/modules
>.
>Press any key to continue.
>
>Does anyone know what the installer is looking for? Has anyone
>compiled this in ubuntu before.

It's looking for the directory containing the Apache modules, which on
RH and FC is /etc/httpd/modules.

It uses the httpd binary itself - it does an httpd.worker -V and parses
the output, looking for
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/httpd"
If this doesn't work with the ubuntu apache, you can override what setup
uses.  First, run setup with the -k option to save the install.inf
file.  Next, edit this file, and make sure you have the setting
ApacheRoot=   /etc/httpd
in your [admin] section (or whatever the parent of your Apache module
directory is).  Then, rerun setup using the edited file like
./setup -s -f /path/to/install.inf