[Fedora-directory-users] Change port after setup

Daniel Shackelford dshackel at arbor.edu
Mon Dec 5 15:38:01 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a way to change the ldap port once the
server has been setup.  Here is the situation:  I have a version of 7.1
that is running, but the sync is pretty messed up, and only some OUs are
syncing with AD.  I installed version 1.0 and it seems to run just
dandy-fine, but the portal that needs to use the directory is having
trouble using 1.0 to authenticate.  So I would like to have both
running, on different ports.  7.1 is running now, and I can change the
ports through the console, but it works for the portal, so I would
rather not touch it.  1.0 is not running, but I would like to start it
up on a different port (say 388, or 390), but it is a bit messy it seems
to do it through direct edits of config files in the slapd directory.
Is there another way?

--
Daniel Shackelford
Systems Administrator

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many"
Mark 10:45