[Fedora-directory-users] Schema fun :-)

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Tue Dec 6 20:42:20 UTC 2005

David Barker wrote:

> - openldap will let use use the syntax OID
> "1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.36" ( numericString -
> http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.36.html )
> but ns-slapd won't. Not really a problem - in our case, we were able to
> use 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27 ( integer -
> http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27.html )
> instead but others are available too :)

Yes, the list of RFC 2252 syntaxes which are supported in FDS is not
complete. However, it doesn't look very difficult at all to implement
new ones. As a test to see if I could do it, I started working a few
hours ago on implementing the syntax plugin for "numeric string"
(basically copying and modifying int.c, and making the needed addition
to another couple of header files), which might be done in a day or two.

> As an aside, are user updates going to be allowed to the wiki soon? :-)

I can't answer that, but if you have a proposal for some new content, I
could possibly add it there for you, e.g. I have write access but I
can't create accounts for others.

BR,
Mike