[Fedora-directory-users] Re: a little bit of samba confusion

Steven Bonneville sbonnevi at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 23:44:35 UTC 2005

Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> First, imported nearly my entire openldap structure...but couldn't
> import this record
>
> dn: sambaDomainName=AZAPPLE,dc=azapple,dc=com
> objectClass: sambaDomain
> sambaDomainName: AZAPPLE
> sambaSID: S-1-5-21-1423820788-2381578139-3444021595
> sambaAlgorithmicRidBase: 1000
>
> Easy enough to recreate in console but didn't understand the error...
> [03/Dec/2005:11:24:28 -0700] - Entry
> "sambaDomainName=AZAPPLE,dc=azapple,dc=com" -- attribute "objectClass"
> not allowed

The samba.schema file was converted with a tool that doesn't avoid
the "overly picky schema parsing" bug (#170791).  You can try the
new schema conversion script on the website to see if it handles
this, or for samba.schema the workaround

  ./ol-schema-migrate.pl samba.schema | grep -v DESC > 61samba.ldif

to remove all DESC lines from the schema will work, since the DESC
line is an optional line that is out of order in the original file.
See the bug for details about how this affects objectclass
sambaDomain; the short story is that Directory Server doesn't know
that sambaDomain is derived from objectclass top, from which
sambaDomain inherits the "objectClass" attribute.

  -- Steve Bonneville