[Fedora-directory-users] Windows NT4 Password Sync Problem

hartmut.woehrle at mail.pcom.de hartmut.woehrle at mail.pcom.de
Wed Dec 7 10:55:05 UTC 2005

Hallo everyone,

so now the Winsync from NT4 PDC -> FDS works fine (thanks to all)

And now the next step gives me a problem.
I do the Password sync without SSL connection (only one problem at a time).
The setup should be correct:

Windows Reg entry:
(Default)       (value not set)
Cert Token      ""
Hostname        "192.168.1.55"
Install Path    "C:\Program Files\Red....."
Password        "guessmypw"
Password Field  "userpassword"
Port Number     "389"
Search Base     "ou=People,dc=daheim,dc=weil"
User Name       "uid=useradmin,ou=Special Users,dc=daheim,dc=weil"
User Name Field  "ntuserdomainid"

the bind user has the aci's to change all values in the user tree
But I recive the following error at the PDC:

"The description for event (105) in source (Password Synchronization
Service) could not be found. It contains the following insertion
string(s):."

So in fact nothing happens :(
At the FDS logs I don't see anything, so there seems no communication
between ADS and FDS. The same as a question from

RE: [Fedora-directory-users] AD sync
from Darjo Gregoric at Thu, 3 Nov 2005

Is there anything missing in the setup? Or is something wrong in the
Password Sync Programm. And how should the log at the FDS look like (error
log set to "Replication")?

CU
Hartmut