[Fedora-directory-users] have you already talked about this?

Steve Strong sstrong at crwash.org
Wed Dec 7 20:18:29 UTC 2005

if so, I appologize (I'm a newbie)

I've installed Fedora Directory on an RHEL 4 box.  The install went well
(no errors reported) and I can see the server using Directory Express,
but starting the console appears to hang the software.  I found a
posting on one of the RedHat sites that said that the behavior I see is
a bug that results in the dialog asking for a login is displayed behind
the splash screen.  The posting also said that the bug was reported by
people using 1/5 or greater versions of the java_vm.

Soooo, I went back to 1.4 and when I invoke the console I pass in
another option (-xnologo) that is supposed to supress the splash
screen.  But, the behavior is the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks!
steve

--
Steve Strong
Math and Computer Science