[Fedora-directory-users] Samba3 and FDS (schema problem and workaround)

Giovanni P. Tirloni gpt at tirloni.org
Mon Dec 12 14:09:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

  I was following the instructions at [1] and I found an error regarding
how Samba tries to add its domain to the directory.

  [12/Dec/2005:11:18:36 -0200] - Entry
"sambaDomainName=MYDOMAIN,dc=example,dc=com" -- attribute "objectClass"
not allowed

  It seems like a schema verification problem. Anyway, my fix was to add
it manually with the following LDIF:

   dn: sambaDomainName=MYDOMAIN,dc=example,dc=com
   objectclass: sambaDomain
   objectclass: sambaUnixIDPool
   objectclass: top
   sambaDomainName: MYDOMAIN
   sambaSID: S-1-5-21-1803520230-1543781662-649387223
   uidNumber: 550
   gidNumber: 550

  The SID is the one I got from a previous install using OpenLDAP. After
forcing the add of MYDOMAIN the command 'net getlocalsid' works and
reports another SID which I've altered updated in the directory.

  Just in case anyone has got the same problem.. I'll repeat the process
another time and try to write a small tutorial on it.

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni
http://blog.tirloni.org