[Fedora-directory-users] Public key based authentication with Redhat Directory Server

Jimmy squid at oranged.to
Mon Dec 12 17:04:49 UTC 2005

> Jimmy wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is it possible with Redhat Directory Server to use public key
>> authentication for all our Linux based servers?.

I am looking to setup a central authentication scheme. So that all of the
technical staff can use key based authentication from a central location.

> sure. have you started reading this ?.
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/ssl.html#996824

I dont think thats what im trying to do.
We want to use public key based authentication with SSH, However that then
needs to authenticate against the OS. I was wondering if there was any
built in method to do that. It appears as though I will have to patch all
of the OpenSSH daemons to make that work. However that still leaves the
server to support the keys in the structure.