[Fedora-directory-users] Probably very stupid problem ....

Enrico Valsecchi admin at hostyle.it
Fri Dec 16 13:36:49 UTC 2005

> should have /etc/openldap/ldap.conf with at least...
>
> BASE: dc=chiccomara,dc=org
> HOST: 127.0.0.1

[.... cut ....]
> > # nss_base_hosts  ou=Host,ou=Mizar Solutions,dc=chiccomara,dc=org
> > scope one
> probably need here...
>
> base: dc=chiccomara,dc=org
> host: 127.0.0.1
> rootbinddn: cn=Directory Manager #or whatever bind dn you choose
> and I am not all knowing on PADL tools but I would have...
> nss_base_passwd ou=Users,ou=Mizar Solutions,dc=chiccomara,dc=org?one
> nss_base_shadow ou=Users,ou=Mizar Solutions,dc=chiccomara,dc=org?one
> nss_base_group  ou=Groups,ou=Mizar Solutions,dc=chiccomara,dc=org?one
>
> and then /etc/ldap.secret with your rootbinddn password chmod 600
>
> and you should be able to simply test it by doing...
>
> getent passwd
> getent group

Mumble mumble, if if run getent passwd and getent group,
I have a complete list of users and group.
Only problem is user authentication!
I have saved my users (with posixAccount) under ou called "Users".
During last hour I have search into the net a solution, without result.

After, I have thought to replace ou "Users" with ou "People", and I have saved
a new user under this new ou.
Magically all it works.
Question:  to this point, it's necessary have one ou called "People"
in order to guarantee the authentication under Linux with Fedora-DS?

Bye,

Enrico