[Fedora-directory-users] Replication - consumer failed to replay change

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Sat Dec 17 17:40:13 UTC 2005

Kevin M. Myer wrote:

> [16/Dec/2005:09:06:16 -0500] NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=IU13"
> (directory2:636): Consumer failed to replay change (uniqueid
> 6a76611a-1dd211b2-8027b642-689d0000, CSN 43a2c9d8000000010000):
> Operations error. Will retry later.
>
> This is repeated every five minutes to the present time.  Is there a
> way to look at the changelog entries to see what modification caused
> this problem?  And if not, whats the best way to go about clearing up
> the error?

Try looking in the access and error logs on the replica server (the
server that is receiving this update).
That should tell us which operation is failing. Exactly what is going on
I'm not sure, I've not seen a
problem like this before. Perhaps someone else on the list has.

> Also, is FDS smart enough so that if you have a two-server multimaster
> replication setup, and you use one master to initialize the other,
> which has an existing replication setup with the master, that it won't
> send the changes back?  In other words, if I have directory1 and
> directory2, and they are setup in multimaster, with replication
> agreements in place for a subtree, and there's a problem in the
> subtree on directory2, can I use directory1 to initialize directory2,
> or will directory2 then turn around and try to initialize directory1?

No, it's smart enough to not do that.