[Fedora-directory-users] Solaris 9 ssl/tls setup. (security library: bad database.)

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Tue Dec 20 18:03:29 UTC 2005

> Solaris 8 and Solaris 9 look for cert7.db, not cert8.db.

Furthermore,
Some versions of certutil will generate a certificate DB called
cert7.db, but Solaris still won't like it.

I've found that certutil as bundled in the Sun DSRK works well for
generating Solaris client cert DBs:
http://www.sun.com/download/products.xml?id=3f74a0db

NSS 3.3.2 should also work:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/release_notes_332.html