[Fedora-directory-users] reducing memory footprint?

Ulf Weltman ulf.weltman at hp.com
Thu Dec 22 19:18:52 UTC 2005

Hello George and Gerald.  I'm afraid the tuning guide wont help much
with reducing memory footprint, it focuses on increasing performance
which involves using more memory among other things! :)  There is a
document for the NSDS 7.0 which is not far from the FDS 1.0 codebase if
you're still interested, but the measurements and tuning suggestions are
meant for DS running on HP-UX.

It does answer one of Gerald's questions:  worker threads can be reduced
with nsslapd-threadnumber, the default is 30.  I don't know that this
will save you significant memory on Linux.

Ulf