[Fedora-directory-users] ldapsearch issue, FDS vs. OL

Brian K. Jones jonesy at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jul 1 15:27:04 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm getting some odd behavior from FDS when I do an ldapsearch using the
openldap "ldapsearch" command line tool. Basically, if I do a search like
this one:

ldapsearch -x -LLL '(!(roomNumber=10*))' uid

I should get back the uid's of those whose room numbers do not start with
"10".

When I do this search against openldap, I get what I would expect. The data I
asked for, and nothing else. A list of uid's.

Under FDS, I'm getting a list of every single distinguished name for every
user. If that user matches the search term, I also get the uid. If they
don't, I just get the dn. Why is this? I don't want the dn unless it matches.

I feel like I've had this issue before, but I don't remember exactly, and I
certainly don't remember how I fixed it.

Any clues are hereby solicited.
brian.