[Fedora-directory-users] Open-source Management Console and Admin server

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 21:01:21 UTC 2005

Sam Tran wrote:

>On 7/5/05, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>Sam Tran wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>When are you planning to release the management console and admin
>>>server source code?
>>>

>>Probably before the end of the year.  We can't yet provide dates.
>>

>Rich,
>
>Are you planning to have a Windows version of the management console?
>It would be really convenient for admins who have a Windows box.

I don't know if we will have an "officially supported version" for
Windows, but you will be able to run it on Windows.  You can run it
right now if you know the java class and arguments - it's just a
java/swing application.  The startconsole binary just sets up the
environment, classpath, ld library path, etc. then invokes java.