[Fedora-directory-users] Open-source Management Console and Admin server

Thierry Lanfranchi thierry.lanfranchi at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 6 13:30:54 UTC 2005

Sam Tran a écrit :

>On 7/5/05, uffe at loop.to <uffe at loop.to> wrote:
>

>>Rich Megginson wrote:

>>>I don't know if we will have an "officially supported version" for
>>>Windows, but you will be able to run it on Windows.  You can run it
>>>right now if you know the java class and arguments - it's just a
>>>java/swing application.  The startconsole binary just sets up the
>>>environment, classpath, ld library path, etc. then invokes java.
>>>

>>Sam,
>>with only a little more hassle one can build or download the Win32 bits
>>of JSS, NSS and NSPR from mozilla.org and get SSL going too.  Those are
>>the only native parts of the Console besides the startconsole wrapper.
>>That will allow your Console to connect to the Admin Server via https
>>and the Directory Server via ldaps.  It'll also be less fussy when
>>creating ldaps replication agreements.
>>
>>Launch the Console in debug mode with "startconsole -D" to see how to
>>invoke java to get the Console to run.
>>

>Thanks Rich and Uffe for your help.
>
>It would be nice to have a HOWTO for that.
>
>Sam
>
>--

Hi,

This is how I proceeded to get the console working under Windows :

* made a c:\fedora directory on my windows box and copied
/opt/fedora-ds/java and /opt/fedora-ds/lib from red hat box to windows box
* started console on the red hat box with the -D command line option
like Rich recommended, and obtained the full command line
* created a .BAT in my c:\fedora\java directory on the windows box

edited the .BAT to :
* modify the path to the java executable
* replace ':' in the -cp option with ';'
* replace the / in the pathes with \ (except for the admin server url)

I obtained a .BAT with that line (might be split into several lines by
my mail client, but it's a single command line):
java -ms8m -mx64m  -cp
.;.\nmclf70.jar;.\base.jar;.\ldapjdk.jar;.\mcc70.jar;.\nmclf70_en.jar;.\mcc70_en.jar;.\jss3.jar
-Djava.library.path=..\lib\jss  -Djava.util.prefs.systemRoot=.\.java
-Djava.util.prefs.userRoot=.
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console -D  -A http://myserver:55456

(java executable is in my path and the .bat is ran from the
c:\fedora\java directory)

working great so far

Thierry