**Caution-External**: RE: [Fedora-directory-users] Open-source Management Console andAdminserver

Tay, Gary Gary_Tay at platts.com
Thu Jul 7 04:30:00 UTC 2005

Some more info.

I notice that on my RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 FDS Server, I have to punch two holes on FireWall (iptables) before I could get my Windows FDS Console to work.

I suspect this is due to the fact that I have SELINUX set to "disabled" BUT SELINUXTYPE set to "targeted" in /etc/sysconfig/selinux, anyone could explain why?

# cat /etc/sysconfig/selinux
SELINUX=disabled
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

One hole for port 389 (ldap), the other for port 38900 (admin port for my case).

# vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Add two lines:

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 389 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 38900 -j ACCEPT

# service iptables restart

BTW, I am happily using J2SDK 1.5.0 on Windows, startconsole.bat seems to run without issue, although J2SDK 1.5.0 is not yet certified to work with FDS.

Rgds
Gary