[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Console fails to start

Andreas Krause a.krause at pkp.co.at
Sun Jul 10 21:28:29 UTC 2005

First of all a Hello to everyone here on the list from a new user.

After figthing heavily with startconsole after my rpm installation on
FC4, I finally found out, why the console did not want to start.

I made sure, everything, what needs to be installed is so and I surely
re-configured the whole thing more than 20 times :-)

Webaccess to the admin port was well, ldap server responded but
startconsole did not want to run - all the time this error with
"unexpected token..."

I made sure, during the setup I used a FQDN - no chance.

But then: I simply called ./startconsole -a http://localhost:23711

...and it works!

I think there is still some bug around, which simply swallows the
domainpart of the hostname, because it still showed
http://mymachine.[none]:27311 when calling ./startconsole without the
"-a"

Maybe this helps other users to save some time and troubles ;-)

Greetings

Andy